For the first time House Inca has an Academics-committee, and I will say, a very cool one!
Since Inca is all about fun and games and we make it a point to include academics under fun, someone had to be responsible for “managing” the res’ academics… and voila: eleven brilliant Inca ladies were selected for this task… but before I get ahead of me, let me tell you more about the committee in itself…
Aim: that all Inca Ladies are given an optimal environment in res to excel in their academics.
Objectives: - attend to the girls’ needs by having tutors in res that can help them if they struggle with their academics;
- having a study room in res open 24 hours, where the girls can have a hectic bonding session with their books;
- starting study groups;
- having a strong support system for the girls- a family away from home;
- motivating the girls to keep up with their academics, after all “books are friends”;
- “monitoring” the academic progress of the res in general;
- Providing leadership experiences to the girls involved in achieving all of the above.
The girls started implemented some of the plans they had, and it’s been a success so far, after all, they are amazing and seem to work well as a group!
“Oh, boy, this is gonna be good, I can tell”
(Academics house Committee Member)