House Lilium is still a young residence but we have already started a few traditions that are unique to us and our specific culture.
1st year traditions:
All Lilium 1st years are called Geitjies
All geitjies will greet all Lilium Semis, Demis and Seniors with Mademoiselle and their
name followed by a curtsey
All geitjies will greet Lilium HK as follows:
o Primaria : Good morning/day/evening My Majesty, Your royal Highness Princess
Frauline, the Primaria's name and Surname, followed by a courtesy o 1st year guardian: Good morning/day/evening My guardian, Your royal highness
Princess Frauline, the 1st year guardian’s name and surname, followed by a courtesy o All other HK: Good morning/day/evening Your royal highness, Princess frauline, the
HK's name and surname, followed by a courtesy.
Two or less HK standing together will be greeted individually by Geitjies.
All geitjies will greet each other with: shlup! (Lilium Gecko sound), Geitjie, followed
by a courtesy.
Three or more HK standing together will be greeted by:
bron van kennis,
my skone prinses,
Lilium HK (current year in Afrikaans), we love you,
Lilium Geitjie/s greet you
(Followed by a courtesy)
If HK, Lilium Semi, Demi or Senior is standing with a gentleman, Geitjies will greet him By : Prince charming
All geitjies will greet their seniors and HK every time they come across them
We don’t recommend geitjies to go to the square, see addendum A for a
All geitjies will greet the House with: House Lilium, Our pride. Before they enter and
when they depart.
All geitjies will greet Madam Lily with: shlup! (Lilium Gecko sound), Madam Lily,
followed by a courtesy.
Greet house parents by Ma Avasha, Uncle Anesh and Vibhav.
While riding in the lift, all geitjies must stand at the back and count the gecko’s in the
Geitjies will wear their uniform when requested to by the first year guardian.
o Mondays: Formals o Wednesday: Informal o Friday: Joolpak 16. During welcoming week geitjies must sing while they are in the shower / bath.
GENERAL HOUSE LILIUM TRADITIONS
All Lilium ladies and geitjies ALWAYS DRINK OUT OF A STRAW.
No Lilium lady or geitjie is allowed to leave Lilium in their slippers or pajamas (with the
exception of a fire/fire drill or when we are being serenaded by boys in the late hours of
Lilium hosts an annual mother/daughter high tea where the Lilium ladies and geitjies get
to invite their mothers or any female role model in their lives.
Lilium hosts an annual father/daughter golf day where the Lilium ladies and geitjies get
to invite their father or any male role model in their lives.
Lilium big sister/little sister weekend to bond the Lilium Ladies.
Every year Lilium hosts a Greek wedding with Taaibos.
Lilium hosts an annual Zefftroue with new Rag partners.
8. Uniform: o Monday: Floor shirts o Every Wednesday is Lilium day where the ladies wear anything jade or with Lilium on it, in order to represent our house on campus. o Friday: Joolpak o Lilium hosts an annual Miss &Mr Lilium. o The doodle buddy will assist you when you are relaxing in the toilet.
Lilium House Rules
1. All geitjies will maintain strict study hours from 8pm - 11pm during week days where they are required to keep their room doors open and to be busy with any academic material. 2. We do not recommend any Lilium lady to use the lift to go up or down for less than 3 floors.
3. All Lilium ladies and geitjies are required to adhere to the set noise hours from 5 – 7pm. 4. No men allowed in res.
5. No squatters allowed in res.
6. Noise hours 5pm- 7pm weekdays, 11am- 10pm during weekends.
7. Attendance of all house and floor meetings are compulsory. 8. No slippers outside Lilium’s foyer at any time of the day. 9. No alcohol to be consumed or stored in res which includes empty bottles stored in res.
10. Obey sitkamer rules, IT Lab rules, laundry and bathroom rules.
11. No vandalism of Lilium property any resident of Lilium.
12. No smoking in front of Lilium stairs except drain.