Rules and Regulations
It is expected that every Inca resident knows the rules and abide by them. For every rule that is broken, there is a repercussion.
• No men allowed in the hostel outside the stipulated times
• No men allowed in first year rooms
• No men allowed after 22:00 on open nights
• All residents are responsible for keeping the hostel and the grounds clean and tidy at all times
• Each resident is responsible for her own room
• Under no circumstance can pornographic material be brought into the hostel
• Notices may only be put up on the provided notice boards
• Washing machines may not be used between 24:00-06:00
• Raids of any sort on any other hostel are prohibited
• Serenades should never cause public disturbance
• No first year in a seniors room and no senior in a first years room
• No smoking is allowed in the rooms or passage, smoking only allowed on the fire escape
• RACISM will not be tolerated
• Theft will not be tolerated, it is a criminal offence
• Vandalism will be tolerated
• It is compulsory to attend every house meeting
Since Inca is all about fun and games and we make it a point to include academics under fun, someone had to be responsible for “managing” the res’ academics… and voila: eleven brilliant Inca ladies were selected for this task… but before I get ahead of me, let me tell you more about the committee itself.
Aim: that all Inca Ladies are given an optimal environment in res to excel in their academics.
- Attend to the girls needs by having tutors in res that assist if they struggle with their academics;
- Having a study room in res open 24 hours, where the girls can have a hectic bonding session with their books;
- Starting study groups;
- Having a strong support system for the girls, a family away from home;
- Motivating the girls to keep up with their academics, after all “books are friends”;
- “Monitoring” the academic progress of the res in general;
- Providing leadership experience to the girls involved in achieving all of the above.
The girls started implemented some of the plans they had, and it’s been a success so far, after all, they are amazing and seem to work well as a group!
“Oh, boy, this is gonna be good, I can tell”