General House Rules
Madelief prides itself in being a value-driven residence. Therefore the rules, as set out below, serve as an avenue through which we can live out the excellence that every member of this house strives towards. These are not merely rules to obey, but rather, a system that ultimately exhibits the conduct with a lady carries herself.
The following are not allowed on Ground floor:
1. Wet hair
2. Bare feet
3. Pyjamas, slippers or any other kind of sleep wear, incl. “doeks”
Semis and Seniors may bring men into Res only during open nights:
Wednesdays: 20H00 – 00H00
Sundays: 20H00 – 23H00
Other General House Rules:
- Men are only allowed in the dinning hall on Thursdays.
- Outside of the times stated above, no men are allowed in Madelief (including ground floor, inside the student card door) unless with special permission from the Primaria, the Onder Primaria or the House Mother.
- Residents are not allowed to drink on the ground floor or on the Blad or in the garden, unless special permission has been granted for a special Madelief occasion.
- No fraternising or sexually inappropriate behaviour will be allowed in the garden.
- Residents may not smoke in the garden,on the ground floor or in Madelief clothing.
- One House Meeting is held per quarter and it is compulsory for all Residents to attend.
- No racism, hate speech, violence, vandalism or ill-treatment of first years will be tolerated.
- Any theft of floor decorations, Charisma or any other Madelief property will result in disciplinary action.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the IT Labs.
- All first years must also adhere to the Madelief Rules for Knolle.
The House Rules are binding on all residents of House Madelief. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Madelief Constitution and the Disciplinary Code: University Controlled Residences.