Departmental research articles on the UPspace open access collection
Staff research outputs on indiviudal staff pages. For an overview of the Departmental Research also consult the Annual Reports.
It is the responsibility of the Departmental research committee to administer and promote Departmental research, and also to monitor the ethical standard and quality of research conducted in the Department. In order to fulfil its function in accordance with the values and mission of the Department, the Departmental research committee has the following aims:
- maintaining effective and transparent administration of research matters, such as just allocation and accountable management of financial support. Staff members are to be fully informed of management decisions and fund allocation throughout the year;
- promoting and supporting the conduct of research that is locally relevant and internationally recognised;
- emphasising the importance of social responsibility of Departmental researchers;
- ensuring that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all research activities of the Department;
- promoting and supporting continued research involvement and research skills development in the Department by coordinating and presenting quarterly research seminars that would provide an opportunity for feedback from conference participation and from postgraduate and staff research, and also by creating opportunity for open research discussions and guest presentations by experienced researchers from other departments and institutions;
- striving to increase the number of accredited research outputs in the Department by actively supporting the research endeavours of members of staff, monitoring the progress of staff, as well as that of postgraduate researchers during the year and by supporting all forms of research dissemination by members of staff;
- to promote national and international research contact and to support national and international research participation.