In October 2004, the Council of the University of Pretoria made an executive decision to streamline all the various functions related to residences under one business unit. This was to alleviate the various silos that existed all over campus and therefore TuksRes was born.
The offices of The Department of Residence Affairs and Student Accommodation (TuksRes) are situated at 90 Duxbury Road, close to the Brooklyn Police Station.
The functions of TuksRes reside within the following management structure:
- Acting Director
- Senior Management Assistant
- Residence Management and Student Life
- Leadership Development and Student Support
- Placement Management and Guest Accommodation
- Residence Systems (Pay-As-You-Eat/Access)
Elna van der Merwe
- Food Services
- Residence Facilities and Maintenance Management
- Finance and Administration
Christo van den Heever
Heads of Residences, Coordinators: Residence Facilities and House Committees form part of our extended family. They manage the residences on a day-to-day basis.
As we live by our motto – Legaegae, Real Home – we strive to provide each and every student with a living community they can call home.