Welcome to TuksSport Project Office
Contact: Annatjie van der Walt - Project Manager
Tel: 012 420 6078 / 012 420 6105
Fax: 086 502 4177 / 012 420 6106
TuksSport offers a special one-stop service to clients who wish to present projects or events on the Sport Campus.
The Project Office supports the organisers, both internal and external clients, ensuring that the organisation and administration of an event / project runs smoothly.
On request from an external client, the Project Office also organises an event on behalf of the client / national / international federation or institution, however, the major focus of the office currently is supporting the different TuksSport clubs with their projects, as well as organising own TuksSport events.
The Project Office is responsible for:
• Organising internal TuksSport projects such as the annual TuksSport Colours Awards Banquet.
• Rendering support to TuksSport sport club projects, major
tournaments and events eg. the annual Sport Camps for Schools.
• Co-ordinating a client’s needs for facilities, office infrastructure,
telephone, fax, internet and IT facilities, accreditation, refreshments,
catering, first aid, accommodation, volunteers, video, photography etc.
• Liaison with various other departments on Campus, such as the high performance centre (hpc), Education Innovation (Teletuks), IT Dept, Biokinetics, Sport and Leisure Science, UP Institute for Sport Research, Sport Medicine and Physiotherapy, Facilities and Services, Security and Cleaning Services, as well as liaison with other contractors on site.
• Partnerships in presenting a project / event are also done, whereby TuksSport becomes a full partner in an event and handles certain aspects as per agreement with the client.
Projects / events vary from smaller training courses, larger events, seminars, workshops, conferences, meetings, functions, opening and closing ceremonies etc. for local, provincial, national to international competitions and events.