The vision of the Department of Financial Management is:
To be the national leader in financial knowledge creation and transfer, internationally recognised for academic excellence.
We strive to reach our vision through our mission of being:
The academic department of choice for students, staff, employers, and those requiring research solutions in the fields of Financial Management, Management Accounting, and Investment Management by:
- providing research opportunities and innovative teaching that encourages interaction, instils pervasive skills, and cultivates critical thinking;
- creating a stimulus for research, teaching and learning in a supportive environment;
- delivering academically well-equipped graduates with skills that are relevant to the market;
- aligning with the requirements and standards of applicable professional bodies; and
- integrating social and environmental awareness in our teaching, learning, and research.
In striving towards our vision and mission, we will:
Act with integrity towards our stakeholders while aspiring to be:
- ethical; and