Welcome to TuksAquatics
The Tuks Aquatics Club is home to the following disciplines: swimming, lifesaving; triathlon; underwater hockey and water polo.
To compete in any of the above disciplines, an individual must be a registered member. Recreational access to the Club is given to those who are members of our various programmes and clubs, as well as students and staff (of the University). Elite and competitive squad members are stimulated on a social, academic and competitive manner within each discipline’s training schedule.
Each sports code is structured in the following manner:
- Swimming: elite international programme, academy, junior club development programme, stroke development programme, recreational non-competitive swimming and ‘Learn-to-Swim’ programmes are provided. Recreational non-competitive members and students may access the pool during the allocated times. Anyone wanting to learn how to swim may contact the club for further details. Competitive swimmers have the opportunity to compete in local, provincial, national and international arenas.
- Lifesaving: offered to competitive swimming club members who compete in lifesaving events.
- Triathlon: training and competing in combined swimming, cycling and running. All ages and levels are welcome.
- Underwater hockey: linked to various other clubs in the community, where players can train and compete.
- Water polo: competing in leagues and at USSA.
The Tuks Aquatics Club, situated on the UP Sports Campus, offers world-class training facilities, along with high-quality physical conditioning, rehabilitation and scientific labs offered at the hpc.
Please click on any of the disciplines on the TuksSport Clubs list that can be found on the right of your page for more information.