Mission and Objectives
The School aims to contribute to agricultural and rural development through excellence in teaching and learning, research and community engagement.
The objectives of the School are to:
- Provide teaching and learning, conduct multidisciplinary research, and implement community engagement programmes in the fields of agriculture and rural development;
- Facilitate coordination in the presentation of courses relating to agriculture and rural development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
- Support policy formulation and implementation, governance and capacity building within the context of agricultural and rural development;
- Broaden access to the services of the University of Pretoria to the wider community by implementing community engagement programmes and provision of distance learning and short courses;
- Prepare students for leadership and management roles in agriculture and rural development; and
- Maintain and/or establish partnerships with national, regional and international organizations in agriculture and rural development.