Services offered by the ISR include:
- biokinetic services
- sports science testing and conditioning.
- contract research
- management of the UP student gymnasiums.
The ISR’s biokineticists are highly qualified and registered biokineticists – all registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. This division provides supervised clinics and classes aimed at the prevention and treatment of health conditions to both the UP environment and the general public alike. Aditionally, it encompasses its private practice, namely Krüger, Steenkamp & Krüger Biokineticists, which offers biokinetic assessments and rehabilitation of a number of conditions. Biokinetic assessments and subsequent rehabilitation sessions are claimable from the medical aids.
- Orthopaedic assessments & rehabilitation
- Isokinetic strength testing & training
- Hydrotherapy sessions & classes
- Cardiac & diabetes clinic – includes specialised assessments (i.e. stress ECG) & supervises rehabilitation.
- Arthritis & post-operative clinic with specialised assessments & supervised rehabilitation.
- Supervised exercise sessions for medium – high risk patients.
- Pulmonary function testing.
- Corporate health testing.
- Medical Aid specific testing – e.g. Discovery Vitality testing.
- Pilates assessments & classes.
- Biokinetic classes for children.
- ISR Kids Sports camps.
2. High Performance Division
The ISR High Performance (HP) Division is staffed with highly qualified sports scientists and biokineticists. The HP division offers specialist sport specific testing, strength and conditioning, monitoring, programming and sport specific rehabilitation. These services are provided to University of Pretoria students, the general public, national federations and elite athletes alike.
Our areas of speciality include:
- Sport specific training
- Isokinetic strength testing and training
- VO2 max testing
- Bike set up
- Sport specific strength and conditioning
- Sport specific programming
- Programme monitoring
- Pulmonary function testing
- Resting and stress ECG
- Running shoe evaluation
- Injury rehabilitation
High Performance Centre – ISR
(t) 012 362 9800
(f) 012 362 9850