ELECTION OF COUNCIL MEMBERS BY THE CONVOCATION
The University of Pretoria plays an important role nationally and makes a significant contribution to South Africa’s international standing. Council is the University’s governing body and as such it has a fiduciary duty and is ultimately responsible for determining the University’s strategic direction.
At its meeting of 13 June 2012, Council – in accordance with section 48(7)(b) of the Statute of the University – approved that the following competencies be considered as the minimum requirements for the four Alumni members that are to be elected by the Convocation:
- Position 1: A qualified auditor with appropriate experience and stature so as to be able to act as the chairperson of a JSE-listed company.
- Position 2: A person with the appropriate qualifications, background and a proven track record in the financial services and investment environment so as to be in a position to be elected as the chairperson of an investment committee overseeing a multi-billion investment portfolio.
- Position 3: A person with a PhD and a profound understanding of the Higher Education environment as well as high-level experience and expertise in either research and commercialisation of research, or teaching and learning.
- Position 4: A person with an appropriate qualification that has contributed significantly to the general well-being of the University over a number of years.
The following documents provide full information on the nomination and voting processes:
- Call for nominations and Notice of election
- Extract from the Institutional Rules on the Election of Council Members by the Convocation of the University of Pretoria
- Statute of the University of Pretoria
Convocation members who cannot or do not wish to vote via the electronic voting system, may download the ballot paper/s and print, complete and return it as indicated on the form.
Please note that you will require a PDF downloader to be able to view and download the information below. If you do not have a pdf viewer, please download the software by clicking here