University of Pretoria Application Procedures
- Log onto the internet by going to: www.up.ac.za/apply
- Click on the proceed button
- Read the instructions carefully and follow the steps indicated (screen by screen).
- Print the Fax Cover Sheet at the end of the process, which is your proof of the online transaction
- Log out from the Internet
- Once your application has been received by the university, you will receive a student number (EMPL ID). You can then track the status of your application online at www.up.ac.za/track
Please Note: Receiving a student number does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. That is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
You may complete a hard copy application form. This can be requested from the Client Service Centre by sending an e-mail with your details to email@example.com or by calling Tel: +27 (0)12 420 3111. Once you have completed it, attach either a bank guaranteed cheque or postal order of R220 (no cash please) and mail to:
The Client Service Centre
University of Pretoria
Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028
You can also request that a hard copy application form be posted to you.
Please note: Each application form has a unique number which is printed under the barcode on page one. This number is repeated on each subsequent uneven page number. It is therefore imperative that you do not mix pages with different numbers or application forms. For this reason the University will only accept original application forms.Faxed, scanned or e-mailed application forms will not be accepted.