The Faculty of Education will host the fourth South African Research Methodology Winter School from 3 - 13 July 2012. We are expecting about 160 participants from South Africa and neighboring countries. Importantly, the University of Pretoria has agreed to set up a funding scheme so as to reduce the course fees for participants. Presenters will come from the University of Basel, Switzerland as well as from South African Universities.
The workshops will cover among other things the following topics:
· Interview techniques and analysis of interviews.
· Survival Strategies for PhD students and young researchers.
· The narrative study of lives.
· Ethnographic research methods.
· Question and questionnaire design.
· Introduction to statistics.
· Introduction to multivariate statistics.
The workshops will be complemented by keynotes.