TuksHockey Coaching Clinic 2013
Give your players the CONFIDENCE and SKILLS to stand out on the field during the 2013 Hockey season
VIEW our 2012 TuksHockey Clinic video: www.youtube.com/watch
U13 & U14 Clinic (3 Days)
Dates: 21st March 14H00 – 24th March 12H00
U16 & U18 Clinic (3 Days)
Dates: 2nd April 14H00 - 5th April 12H00
The passionate and professional coaching staff at TuksHockey will ensure that the coaching covers all aspects needed to give you that extra edge.
This exceptional clinic will be led by:
Craig Fulton: TuksHockey Technical Director
Ex-South African international, Olympics Atlanta 1996, Olympics Athens 2004, Commonwealth Games Kuala Lumpur 1998 & Manchester 2002, World Cup 2002, 194 caps for South Africa. Assistant coach to the Irish Men’s Hockey team 2005-2009, assistant trainer SA ladies 2010-2012
David Viney: TuksHockey Head Coach
Ex-South African international, Commonwealth Games 1998, World Cup 2002, 56 caps for South Africa. Assistant coach to the SA men’s team; Commonwealth Wealth 2010, World Cup 2010 & New Delhi series 2012.
Natalie Fulton: TuksHockey Manager
Ex-South African international, Olympics Athens 2004, Commonwealth Games Manchester 2002, World Cup Perth 2002. 69 caps for South Africa. Pembroke Wanderers player/coach 2006-2010.
Linda Dlamini: TuksHockey Administrator
South African women A team, SA u21 Junior World Cup Squad 2005, USSA National 2005 & 2006.Northerns Gauteng Senior women 2005-2011.
- To expose all players and teams to the techniques and tactics currently in use by top level teams.
- Fundamental skills will be emphasized such as attacking and defensive skills giving the players the necessary foundation for long term growth.
- Players will receive guidance and will be given the opportunity to practice in drills and competitive game situations.
- Team focus will be on exposure to new tactics, set pieces and specialist skills.
Coaches for the first time, will be given the opportunity to register for the SAHA Level 1 coaching course, that will be presented during the 3 day clinic. In order to apply for this, the coach will have to have completed the SAHA Level 0 prior to attending the Clinic.
This course will not clash with afternoon fixtures but will be presented during morning skill sessions.
In addition to this our objective for all coaches remains a priority and will focus on
- How to build a positive coaching philosophy.
- Defining roles and responsibilities of a coach.
- How to plan an effective practice and how to implement effective coaching techniques in practices through effective communication.
- Exposing coaches to a variety of new & exciting drills and techniques as well as new systems and tactical options.
- To experience a team video analysis session
08H00 – 09H45 Individual skill session
10H00 – 11H45 Individual skill session
12H30 – 16H30 Matches
16H30 – 18H00Indoor tournament
18H30 – 21H00 Matches
08H00 – 09H00 Audiovisual session
09H00 – 10H00 Sports science practical session
10H15 – 12H00 Team tactical session
12H30 – 18H00 Matches
19H00 – 20H00 Sports science and nutritional lecture
MORE INFORMATION AND CONTACT DETAILS