The Department of Financial Management offers the following short courses in co-operation with CE at UP:
For more information about short courses, please refer to http://www.ce.up.ac.za/.
- Financial Management for Non-financial Managers
A comprehensive five-day certificate course designed for all managers who need a better understanding of the principles and practical applications of financial management techniques for profitable business management. The topics include:
- basic financial concepts;
- financial statements;
- evaluation of the financial performance of the firm;
- financial planning and control;
- cost-volume-profit analysis;
- introduction to tax;
- capital investment decisions;
- financing of the firm;
- management of working capital.
- Certificate Course in Financial Management
This comprehensive four-month certificate course is designed for all managers who need a better understanding of the principles and practical applications of financial management. The certificate course consists of five modules and is presented twice during the year. This allows delegate the freedom to select dates for each of the five compulsory modules.
- Cost and Management Accounting
The course is designed to help individuals in the private and public sector to understand the costing process and how to determine costs. It also covers the management of funds by means of budgets and the use of management accounting information to make informed and accountable decisions.