Faculty of Humanities:
Extended Programme 2012
The Faculty of Humanities' extended programme offers a selected student the opportunity to extend a three year degree over four years.
How does the programme work?
In your first year of study:
- You will register for a BA Extended Programme,
- Select any 2 disciplines (subjects) at year-level 1 and do 2 semester modules from each of these disciplines.
- Take the fundamental modules automatically added to your registration form.
Second year of study
- Select one discipline (subject) that you did in the first year and do both semesters at yr-level 2.
- Select any 2 additional disciplines at yr-level 1 and do both semesters.
Third year of study
- Select any 1 of the previous disciplines that you did at year level 1 and do it at yr-level 2.
- Select one of the disciplines that you did at yr-level 2 and do it at yr-level 3.
Fourth year of study
Select the other discipline that you did at yr-level 2 and do it at yr-level 3. Select any of the remaining modules you did at yr-level 1 and do it at yr-level 2.
a) A student selected for the BA (Extended programme) must pass the following modules to the value of at least 50 credits at the end of the first year of study:
- fundamental modules of at least 26 credits as well as 1 subject at yr-level 1 (all consecutive modules of the same discipline – 24 credits).
The studies of students, who do not comply with these requirements, will be cancelled and no readmission will be considered.
b) Students in the BA (Extended programme) who passed all modules in the first year of study (80 credits), may apply for admission to the BA degree programme from the second year of study. Such an application must be accompanied by the necessary motivation. The Admissions Committee may approve the application of a student based on his/her academic performance.