Membership of the TuksAlumni Association
All members of the Convocation - everyone who obtained a degree (and certain other qualifications) from Tukkies - are automatically members of TuksAlumni. As members of TuksAlumni they can take part in the election of the University Council as well as of the TuksAlumni Board.
The TuksAlumni Board may (on the basis of a formal application) also grant membership to -
- persons with a degree who have completed at least one year of successful study at the University.
- full-time permanent staff members who are not former Tukkies and who obtained a degree from another institution.
- honorary members - nominations submitted to the Board.
The following categories of membership are available:
1. Ordinary membership
- Automatic for all members of the Convocation of the University of Pretoria.
- By applying and on approval by the Board, for
- persons with a degree, who have successfully completed one academic year at this University;
- full-time permanent staff of the University who have obtained a degree or diploma at any other tertiary educational institution
2. Honorary membership
On the grounds of nominations received, the TuksAlumni Board may award honorary membership to any person who has excelled and has maintained a close relationship with the University.
Please see the TuksAlumni Association's Constitution for details.