RESIDENCE FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT
Each residence is managed by a management team consisting of a Head of Residence, Coordinator: Residence Facilities and House Committee. The Coordinator: Residence Facilities reports all faults to residence facilities (general defects and maintenance). He/she also handles all the internal (residence) administration and arrangements when guests are accommodated in our residences.
Residence Facilities and Maintenance Management Division
- This service is rendered by external contractors.
- Students are responsible for the general neatness of their own rooms.
- Communal areas e.g. passages, bathrooms, toilets, foyers, staircases and sitting rooms are cleaned on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) by the cleaning contractor.
- Students are responsible for their own washing. All residences have washing machines and tumbles dryers and students must provide their own washing powder, fabric softener, detergents etc.
- Skeleton staff is provided on Saturdays to remove dustbins and clean the bathrooms and toilets only.
- No cleaning services are rendered on Sundays and public holidays.
- It is expected of students to leave their rooms in a neat and respectable state before they leave for recess.
- During the December recess all rooms are spring cleaned.
- During recess all rooms must be completely vacated to allow maintenance in the residences.
Our goal is to supply each student with a safe, comfortable home away from home; an environment where each student can reach his/her academic goals (creating quality listening, living and learning communities). This division is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance in all residences, as well as capital projects (i.e. upgrading/renovation of residences).
We have a most competent internal maintenance team that renders a 24/7 service. We are also assisted by external contractors.
Maintenance related faults that a student might experience regarding his/her residence facility or room during office hours, must be reported to the Coordinator: Residence Facilities, who will get in contact with the necessary contractor for prompt reaction and repair.
During recesses this division tackles major upgrading and maintenance projects in residences.
The Coordinator: Residence Facilities periodically inspect the residences and students’ rooms to ensure that the maintenance work is up to standard as well as to ascertain where maintenance is needed.
Assistant Director of Residence Facilities and Maintenance Management:
Mr Lovemore Nhlapo
Tel nr: 012 420 4203
Mrs Jeanette Nethengue
Tel nr: 012 420 3918
Head of Cleaning and Maintenance Services:
Tel nr: 012 420 2745
Tel nr: 012 420 2442