Become a friend of the library
The Department of Library Services at UP is launching a Friends of the Library association. The friends will be alumni, donors, former staff members and any interested people who will promote and enrich the interests of the UP library. The friends will, among others, sponsor and promote activities, exhibitions, lectures and events, support and enhance selected areas of the library’s collection and provide expert advice and assistance that may be of use to the library.
The friends will have the following privileges at UP libraries:
- library borrowing privileges and the use of library services and facilities with a special borrowers’ card
- access to the electronic resources in the library
- invitations to functions and events of the library
- subscription to the Friends of the Library newsletter
- recognition and acknowledgement of donor and sponsor generosity
If you would like to apply for membership of the Friends of the Library, you can complete an application form obtainable from the UP Library (Hatfield Campus) or you can contact Ujala Satgoor on 012 420 2565 or email@example.com. Membership is valid for 12 months and fees amount to R100 per month.