We commit ourselves to:
- An improved quality of life and better state of health of children in our referral area;
- Outstanding service, teaching and research together with a rational balance between the need for primary, secondary and tertiary care;
- Ongoing development in relation to training, super specialisation and community paediatrics, both as a team and as individuals;
- Pro-active participation in the development of health services by training, service and research.
Witbank Hospital - Department of Paediatrics
Witbank Hospital Department of Paediatrics was initiated in 1997 as part of a formal joint partnership between the University of Pretoria and the Mpumalanga Provincial Department of Health with the aim of providing special referral services for the province and regional based training sites for pre- and post graduate medical students for the University of Pretoria.
Health care partners
- Mpumalanga Provincial Dept. of Health (especially MCWY Health programme. Quality Assurance Programme and Specialized Hospital Services)
- World Health Organization: Child and Adolescent Unit, Geneva.
- Centre for International Child Health, University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Foundation for Professional Development