Prospective exchange/study abroad students' first enquiry is at the International Student Division.
· The specialist consultant sends application form.
· The student returns the application form by email/fax to the specialist consultant.
Exchange student submits the following documentation to the ISD:
· UP application form for study
· certified copy of passport
· certified copy of transcripts or results
· release letter from home institution granting permission for the exchange, study abroad or elective student at UP and also brief explanation of proposed course at UP
· application is captured manually by the ISD
· DMC will download data on LibertyNet
· ISD will refer application to faculty for admission
Admission is done by the relevant faculty after credit transfers have been negotiated between the home and the host institutions.
All communication with the home institution and the student is done by the ISD.
This will enable you to apply for a study permit in your home country at a South African Embassy or High Commission or at a South African Foreign Mission in a country close to you.