Education Writing Support at your service
Posted on 05 April 2012
The Faculty of Education is privileged to have the service of two English language writing consultants who are Fulbright Lecturing Scholars from the USA. Mr Ben Alisuag and Mr Rob Pulwer are enthusiastic about assisting people with English writing. They are situated at the Faculty of Education on the Groenkloof Campus.
Monday through Thursday 8:00-17:00
Mondays through Wednesdays in Aldoel 3-51
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission of the Education Writing Support
The mission of the Education Writing Support is to improve the academic literacy and writing skills of students in the Faculty of Education at the University of Pretoria in order to encourage and develop an appreciation for the academic writing process.
They offer one-on-one writing consultations to assist with brainstorming, draft revision, overall comprehension, language use, reference methods, and textual organisation. They can consult during any stage of the writing process, from the first brainstorm through to the final draft.
Two types of assistance
- 25-minute scheduled consultations with Mr Alisuag or Mr Pulwer.
- Drop-ins for unscheduled consultations - no guarantees of availability.
General policies and expectations
- All consultations take place in Aldoel 3-51.
- Appointments for consultations must be requested via email at least 24 hours in advance.
- Emailed requests for consultations should contain an attached copy of the document to be worked on during the consultation.
- A physical copy of the assignment must be brought to drop-in consultations.
- There is no guarantee of length or availability of drop-in sessions.
Appointments are highly recommended
- Students should arrive five minutes early for their appointments
- Before each consultation, students must:
o print a copy of their work to bring to consultation;
o attempt to edit their own work and circle areas of concern; and
o brainstorm questions about the assignment and list goals for the consultation session.