Football, the beautiful game, is a sport that enspires passion and as such the club has creates a platform for numerous stakeholders to get involved and ensure the growth and sustainability of the game. The club considers students as the primary stakeholder as per the core business of the University of Pretoria. The club has developed extensive programmes that involve students in a well run and managed inter-residence league competitions.
The vision of TuksFootball is to be a pioneer and leading programme that ensures the holistic development of football players, coaches and administrators who aspire to be excellent performers and worthy role models for youth, club and country.
The club has teams in almost every level of football, district, regional, provincial and national leagues.
The club comprises of the following teams:
- University of Pretoria Football Club ("AmaTuks") which competes in the National First Division
- Spartak team which competes in the SAFA Tshwane SAB League
- Senior women's team which comeptes in the provincial Sasol League
- A men's and women's USSA teams which compete in USSA Gauteng Football Leagues and USSA Football Natinal Club Championships.
- Junior women's team which competes in the SAFA Tshwane regional Absa League
- 6 amateur teams which compete in local leagues managed by our local football association (Football Association of Pretoria)
- 3 Academy teams (u14, u16. u18) which compete in the Soweto LFA Academy League. The academy programme has 50 full time students accommodated at the highperformancecenter (hpc) and attending at the TuksSport High School.
- Junior programme which comprizes of 25 teams (u6 - u19)
- An internal campus league with 20 women's teams and 34 men's teams
The club aims to enhance its reputation as the football development hub of Southern Africa, over the years having produced exciting young stars such as Lerato Chabangu, Teboho Munyai, George Maluleka, Sibusiso Themba, Rudi Isaacs, Warren Bishop, Robin Johannes, Bongi Macala, Phenyo Mongalo, Andile Jali, Manti Moholo, Mthokozisi Yende, Clifford Mulenga to name a few.
Second to none and leading the way.......