Etiquette and Customs
· Japanese terminology and bowing procedures are used and is standard practice in Aikido dojos throughout the world.
Good manners, harmony and proper protocol are also emphasised and encouraged. Please show the necessary respect.
No shoes on the mat and no smoking or eating in the training hall.
· Practice is bright, energetic and practical. It should never inflict injury to others.
· Students must be ready and seated on the mat before the starting time, or report to the instructor if they happen to be late. They tidy the dojo (practice hall) and clean the mats prior to each class.
· You are welcome to ask questions and pass comments, but please save these for after class.
· The club takes no responsibility for any accidents or injuries resulting from practice.