Etiquette and Customs
· Good manners, harmony and proper protocol are encouraged. Japanese terminology and bowing procedures are used and is standard practice in Aikido dojos throughout the world.
· Practice is bright and must not inflict injury to others. It should, however, be energetic and practical.
· Students tidy the dojo (practice hall) and clean the mats prior to each class. They must be ready and seated on the mat before the starting time, or report to the instructor if they happen to be late.
· Please involve third parties and take turns if odd numbers of students have to practice together.
· The club takes no responsibility for any accidents or injuries resulting from practice.
· Please show respect. No shoes on the mat and no smoking or eating in the training hall.
· You are welcome to ask questions and pass comments, but please save this for after class.