Purpose Of The Postgraduate Committee
In terms of the Rules for Faculty Boards, faculty boards are entitled to appoint ad hoc or standing committees. In accordance with a decision of the Academic Planning Committee of 29 July 2002, it is expected of every faculty to establish a Postgraduate Committee to exercise quality control over the processes regarding the administration of postgraduate studies in the faculty.
The Committee advises the Dean on strategic matters related to postgraduate studies.
The work of the Postgraduate Committee with regard to the administration of postgraduate studies is described in General Regulations G.57 to G.60 that applies to dissertations and theses and the examination thereof.
The following documentation can be downloaded by the study leader:
The Postgraduate Committee consists of the following members:
- Prof Elsabé Loots
- Prof Yvonne du Plessis – Chair – Department of Human Resource Management
- Prof Carina de Villiers – Department of Informatics
- Dr Anneli Douglas – Department of Tourism Management
- Ms Hanneke du Preez – Department of Taxation
- Prof Anské Grobler – Chair, Committee for Research Ethics
- Prof Rangan Gupta – Department of Economics
- Prof Jerry O Kuye – School of Public Management and Administration
- Prof Marius Pretorius – Department of Business Management
- Dr Lizelle van der Walt – Division Communication Management
- Prof Elmar Venter – Department of Accounting
- Prof Frans Vermaak – Department of Financial Management