Welcome to TuksWater Polo
A team water sport which consists of six field players and a goalkeeper. The winning team is the team with the most goals scored into the opponent’s team net.
Game play involves swimming, players passing the ball and wrestling while being defended by opponents. Water polo therefore, has strong similarities to the land-based games handball, football and hockey. The frequency of 'man-up' (or 'power play') situations also draws comparisons with ice hockey.
Squad activities include:
- Swimming training once per week
- Skills training three times per week
- 1 or 2 games per week
- Socializing as a team after games and planning social events
- 2 tours and 3 tournaments each year
Preparation for USSA:
- 3 trainings per week plus extra training on a Sunday
- Participation in Gauteng Premier League
- Focused gym work and dietary recommendations