Top new coach joins TuksTennis
Posted on 23 March 2010
Coach Louis Steenkamp recently arrived from the USA where he lived for the last 12 years.
He is adding a new dimension to TuksTennis with his international playing experience and in depth knowledge of the US college tennis system.
Coach Louis’ experience includes professional training and qualification in counseling psychology and sport psychology:
• Level 2 United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) certified tennis instructor
• Played College Tennis in the USA from 1998 – 2001
• Played on the ITF satellite circuit 1999 to 2000
• Holds Masters degree in Counseling Psychology in the USA
• Currently studying under the founder of the American Board of Sport Psychology (ABSP) to help improve mental toughness and overall wellbeing of players in South Africa and abroad
• Over 3000 hours of individual and group counseling experience and registered in the USA as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
With the psychological, physical and technical demands of playing sports such as tennis at the highest level, coach Louis provides the rare combination of in-depth knowledge of modern coaching, psychological assessment and mental toughness training for all levels of players.
To improve your game, mental toughness and/or overall psychological well being, private and group lessons are available now.
Contact coach Louis at 074 102 1653