The PhD degree in Veterinary Science is a general research degree. It requires completion of a specific research project and submission of a thesis.
The degree is offered by all Departments in the Faculty and students are allocated to Departments according to their interest as for the research-based MSc degree.
Candidates should be in possession of an appropriate master's degree. An entrance test may be required as well as an English proficiency test (TOEFL).
The minimum duration of study is two years which may be extended to six years.
The programme is offered by all Departments as follows:
- Department of Anatomy and Physiology
- Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies
- Department of Paraclinical Sciences
- Department of Production Animal Studies
- Department of Veterinary Tropical Diseases